Let’s get this recipes up during September. I’m not at 50 yet, but I’m closing in. Let me know if you attempt it and if anything is wrong or confusing. These aren’t the final recipes… I don’t think…
Basic White Cookie
- 1 c buttery sticks
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 2/3 c applesauce
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 c oat flour
- parchment paper
- cookie sheet
- Cream the buttery sticks.
- Cream in the sugar and applesauce.
- Add the baking soda and flour.
- Add in any bonus flavorings or ingredients here.
- Cover and chill until dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Roll heaping teaspoonfuls into balls.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool before eating.
- Shortening can replace the buttery sticks.
- Applesauce can be replaced with egg replacer (one Tbsp replacer with six Tbsp warm/hot water mixed prior to addition) or flaxseed (two Tbsp flaxseed meal/ground with six Tbsp of hot water, mix and let sit for several minutes before adding).
- Any add ins work here. Same with any flavorings. It’s based on your desired flavors. This started as a manipulated sesame seed cookie recipe. (3/4 cup of toasted sesame seeds and 1 tsp of vanilla.)
© Hartliebe 2019