Let’s get this recipes up during September. I’m not at 50 yet, but I’m closing in. Let me know if you attempt it and if anything is wrong or confusing. These aren’t the final recipes… I don’t think…
- 2/3 c white sugar
- 1 T egg replacer
- 6 T warm water
- Pinch salt
- 1 package (8/3 c) unsweetened coconut shreds
- Large bowl
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Turn oven to 350.
- Make the egg replacer by whisking the dry with the warm water. Whisk extra long as this makes the binder for the macaroon.
- Add sugar and salt into the large bowl with egg replacer. Whisk together well.
- Stir in coconut.
- Using about a tablespoon worth of “batter” make small peaks on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 22 minutes.
- There will be very little noticeable liquid after mixing in the coconut. This is normal. As long as the macaroons are formable it’s good.
- Other extracts can be added for extra flavor. Almond as been suggested to me. I prefer plain.
- The cookie does not spread.
© Hartliebe 2017
[About Cat Hartliebe] [Allergen Friendly Cookbook]
Note: Made by an American. It’s not in metric. [Conversion Tool] or [Recipe converter]