Let’s get this recipes up during September. I’m not at 50 yet, but I’m closing in. Let me know if you attempt it and if anything is wrong or confusing. These aren’t the final recipes… I don’t think…
- 2 boxes instant chocolate pudding mix (read ingredients!)
- 3 c almond milk
- 1 sleeve/box crushed chocolate cookies (about 16 cookies)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (look for 14 g fat and limited ingredients)
- 2 large bowl
- serving containers
- Put the can of coconut milk in fridge for fifteen minutes. (This separates the cream from the water.)
- Open can and pull out just the cream. (You can replace all or some of the almond milk with the coconut water.)
- Using the mixer, whip up the cream.
- In another bowl, mix up the pudding mix and the milk. (Or if you do not have instant pudding, make up the chocolate pudding.)
- Mix in the whipped cream.
- Split the crushed cookies into two halves. The slightly larger half goes into the cake.
- Separate the pudding cake into serving dishes.
- Evenly sprinkle crushed cookie on to all the dishes.
- Let cool in fridge for up to 2 hours.
- Finding a instant box pudding mix can be a challenge, but not impossible. Whole Foods 365 brand is the one I use. Cannot find one? Make up your favorite pudding recipe and insert it for direction four. Cut out the milk and boxed option.
- Must you separate the cream out of a can of coconut milk? No. Get a whipped topping that’s safe for you from the store instead. Or get a can of straight cream to use. Or even a condensed can of milk. Greek yogurt can even work if you don’t mind the flavor change. For the tub of cream, I just use the whole 8 oz container. Or even a 12 oz container.
- The box mix may have you adding 4 cups of milk instead of three. The cut down is to keep it thicker. Remember the cream is also added. You can use all the milk the package suggests.
- What type of cookies? You can make up a batch of mine. Or you can use the traditional Oreos (which contains soy and wheat of the big eight). Or you can use a gluten free variety. I use Kinnikinnick KinniToos gluten free chocolate sandwich cookie.
- What if you want dirt cake that’s not dark brown in color? Any pudding mix plus any crushed cookie would work. I used ginger snaps before. I’ve seen vanilla wafers and vanilla pudding. Follow the same recipe but use your desired switch out.
© Hartliebe 2019