(Quick and easy breakfast for all)
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- sauce pan
- wooden spoon
- stove top
- Combine all ingredients in sauce pan.
- While stirring, cook the oatmeal at medium heat for 3-5 minutes for quick oats or 15ish minutes for regular oats.
- Place in bowls and add a little extra almond milk to cool the oatmeal down.
- Add more spice! A tablespoon of cinnamon is perfectly acceptable. You can replace the cinnamon for pumpkin pie spice for more flavors. Anything that can go in a normal pumpkin pie would be acceptable in this.
- Too sweet? Switch out the brown sugar for molasses. It would add the flavor without adding as much sugar.
- Almond milk doesn’t work for your crowd? Replace with any milk substitute or even with just water. Using a milk makes it creamier though, so it won’t be as delicious without a milk substitute.
- Want a different flavor? Switch out the spice and brown sugar for a jam. Milk may need to be upped depending on thickness of jam. Some jams will make it sweeter.
© Hartliebe 2020